At The Fiesta Tableware Company, we are watching, listening and learning how to be better allies to the Black community. Our hearts go out to the families and friends of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, amongst many others whose lives have been cut unjustly short.
We hear you; we see you, we respect you and we stand with you. We recognize society’s need for change and we are listening and learning for the most effective ways that we can contribute. It is important to take the time to have intentional, meaningful conversations, to recognize inequality and to do our part to make the world a better, more equal place. We plan to take significant steps to strengthen the inclusivity and diversity within our own company and our larger community, in a sincere effort to be the change we wish to see in the world.
These are some of the steps we plan on taking immediately, and this is just the beginning:
● We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against employees or potential employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
● We are committed to educating our workforce by expanding our diversity and anti-discrimination training. We foster a welcoming environment that is respectful to all.
● We are committed to actively seeking out opportunities to work with diverse retail partners.
● We are committed to looking for opportunities to source products to sell in our outlet stores that are made by Black-owned businesses and are 100% made in the USA.
● We are committed to collaborating with diverse influencers on social media.
Today, we don’t have all the answers, but we are working toward a better tomorrow. These are just the first steps, and we are committed to supporting and standing with the Black community and making sure our Fiesta world is bright and welcoming for absolutely everyone. We would love to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know how we can be more proactive and inclusive. We welcome your suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org